So easy, so quick and very damn tasty. The best part? Being able to prep early - before arsenic hour hits and any thought of time in the kitchen is abandoned. You can then just throw everything together in less then 10 minutes once the little devils...oops, sorry...angels are in bed.
what you need
60g unsalted butter, softened
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped basil, plus extra to serve
400g spaghetti (I use linguine but any kind of long noodle pasta will work)
1 tbs olive oil
4 bacon rashers, chopped
500g prawn meat, roughly chopped
what to do
- Mash butter, garlic, lemon and basil together in a bowl to combine well. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in a large pan of boiling water to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep frypan over medium heat. Cook bacon, stirring, for 4-5 mins until starting to crisp. Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Return pan to heat and melt half the butter. Add prawns and stir for 2-3 mins until just cooked.
- Drain pasta, then add to frypan with bacon and remaining butter.
- Toss, season and serve with extra basil.
- Enjoy! Preferably with a glass of chardonnay (not because it's a wine match...just because I like pretty much anything with chardonnay...)