They're packed full of flavour and are pretty much guilt free (and there's no mess!) Perfect for a cold Autumn (nearly winter...ugh) night...
what you need
4 large lamb shanks, trimmed
1 large lemon, cut into 8 slices
8 garlic cloves
what to do
- Preheat the oven to 140C. On the kitchen bench, lie two long sheets of baking paper, forming a cross.
- Season a shank well with the salt and pepper and lie it on the paper. Sprinkle dried oregano over and cover with two slices of lemon. Add two garlic cloves.
- Wrap up the parcel and tie with kitchen string, using a knot that's easy to undo. Repeat with the other shanks.
- Place the parcels in a baking tray and bake for three hours.
- Serve as per suggestion above or with smashed potatoes and a classic greek salad.