Tuesday, May 19, 2009

...and so it begins

A while ago, I blogged about my complicated relationship with food and how I now consider it a good thing that I don't obsess over every kilojoule. Well, it's also part of being on good terms with my body to know when to start looking after myself a little better.

I'm now edging up to the weight I was when I was 12 weeks pregnant with Sophia and am feeling decidedly uncomfortable in my clothes (and out of them!) So the time has come for action.

A few of my lovely Twitter Friends and I have joined forces to support each other while we endeavour to eat healthy meals and get our butts moving. We each have different goals which we'd like to achieve by September.

My goal? I think 8kg is about right - we'll see when I get close to it. I'm not so worried about the number, more how I feel. I've decided to blog about my 'journey' (to use that tired old reality tv cliche) because I figure it's harder to fall off the wagon if you have people watching you hit the dust! I'll be 'weighing in' every Tuesday.

So, from now on, you'll be seeing a lot of recipes with a lower fat content but I hope they'll be just as yummy. And, if you've been wanting to kick start a healthier way of living, join in...the more the merrier!

3 comments:

Bells said...

oh good luck. I'm already on the journey. Am feeling good but not losing any weight. Grr.

Leila said...

Good luck! I've been on this journey for a few months now. Wish you all the best with it!

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

I need to lose a few kegs myself. I still haven't lost my baby weight from baby number two. Ho hum. It's just the damn chocolate. It calls me. Maybe I need to ex-communicate it.