This week, we find out what the lovely Mel from Sparsely Kate can't live without. An aspiring screenwriter and fellow Canberra chick (yay!) her blog is honest, open and warm - just like her! Check out her life essentials...
- Ok. The first one is obviously Cheese and mushie pizza. Preferably wood-fired. Good pizza is the food of the Gods. The end.
- Floral, pretty prints. I love floral designs on anything, especially undies! There is something so girly and pretty about tiny little flowers on beauitul material. I don't sew but can't go past a sewing shop to look at all the lovely patterns.
- Persuasion - by Jane Austen. To me, this book is about longing and feeling unnoticed but having something wonderful happen eventually. It's about hope. I'm actually in love with everything Jane Austen. When I read her, I feel like I'm meeting people who have been gone a very long time, but that I would still recognise. I also feel very affectionate towards the memory of Jane - I think she was a woman with a fabulous sense of humour and so insightful and witty.
- Heavy metal and hard rock. I walk around the block to Metallica on my ipod and play the Foo Fighters to soothe and calm me. I have always loved heavy metal and the sexy dirty men who play it :))
- Male actors. I get crushes on actors all the time. My latest infatuation was with Rob Pattinson after seeing him in Twilight, but before him there was James McAvoy from Becoming Jane, Penelope and Starter for Ten -all favourite movies of mine.
- Tim from The Office. I would marry a man just like Tim - he's so completely lovable.
- Sparsely kate butterfly icon. I love this because it represents my blog and I love my blog because I've made more friends than I could hope for and it's given me an insight into so many different points of view. I think most bloggers are compassionate and deep thinkers!
- Tasmania. The best trip of my life was going to Tassie last January. I got tears in my eyes as the island came into view from the ship - I just felt like I was coming home, even though I know not a soul from there! I so much look forward to going back. This photo was me at Port Arthur.
- I am loving the Sookie Stack house series. The way Charlaine Harris writes is wonderful, it is pure escapism. Sex and bloodlust. Go sexy Bill!to make herself a lady of mystery...