If you'd like to share your favourite recipe, it's as simple as sending me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also send a photo, and even a short blurb telling me what you like so much about your dish. In the meantime, though, give Carly's a whirl!
what you need
500g of chicken breast (preferably pre-diced)
oil (canola or veggie oil)
4-5 large potatoes
1 sweet potato
1 onion (optional)
Grated tasty cheese
Four rashers of bacon, diced
300 ml thickened cream
what to do
- If chicken breast isnt pre-diced, cut into small cubes [you can judge the size - anywhere from a bouncy ball size to golf ball is generally good].
- Crack eggs in a bowl and mix with some milk.
- Put flour into a bowl - I find it easier to cover the chicken by using hands - and place chicken into flour. Give pieces a good dusting and remove excess flour.
- Dip chicken into egg, ensuring all surfaces are covered, and into a bowl of breadcrumbs.
- Put oil in pan on medium heat.
- Place all the chicken in the pan, and cook until you can see browning underneath. Turn and cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel and serve with potato bake (below).
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C
- Peel and cut potatoes and sweet potatoes into cubes approx 1.5cm
- Dice onion.
- Layer a casserole dish with the potatoes, sweet potatoes and onion. Pour cream over.
- Place in oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Sprinkle grated cheese and diced bacon over the top
- Return to oven until the cheese has melted. A great alternative is under the grill.
- Remove from and stand for 2-5 minutes.
- Serve with crumbed chicken (above). Enjoy!