Monday, August 31, 2009

Fashion Smashion: Brights

If they're not already, sunglasses are about to become your can't-live-without accessory for summer - if only to look at the frocks! Acid brights are HUGE at the moment, with saturated hues spotted on many fashion-forward celebs.Will you embrace the rainbow?


Above left: Jessica Stroup in a cute, flowy micro mini and to-die-for shoes
Above right: Beyonce forgets the old 'take one thing off before you leave the house' rule


Above left: Jennifer Morrison wows in a tangerine number
Above right: This violet stunner almost distracted me from thinking how badly I want to give Posh a Quarter Pounder.


Above left: Christina Applegate plays it safe by pairing retro hot pink with a sensible black skirt and shoes.
Above right: Nicky Hilton. The horror.

Above left: A detailed neckline and tricky heels add interest to Maria Menounos' bright red swing dress.
Above right: Renee Zellweger on her way to arm wrestle Madonna for the title of buffest celebrity.

Source: Instyle

7 comments:

Hannah said...

Ooh, lovely! I am loving a pop of brights contrasted against nude tones. Yumm!

Anonymous said...

You know what? I don't reeeeeally like any of these. I'm not into brights or dresses much -- even though my Mother is always hassling me about wearing both.

:0

Luckily I'm almost 35 huh!


Posh, oh Posh. Super thin on purpose, I just think she was a whole world of sexier before she twiggied her way down so far.

Aussie-waffler said...

I like Maria's ensemble, I think the bright hues really compliment an olive complexion. And I think the purple dress is stunning, shame about poor old Posh and her twig-like appearance.

Anon said...

Oh no, do you not like Nicky's dress? I thought it was quite cute! Not very sophis, but quite fun and summery (if you have some killer tanned pins - hers look VERY dark, too much fake tan, or just the shadows?!).

I feel really out of touch, I have no idea who Jessica Stroup or Jennifer Morrison or Maria Menounos are! Will have to get googling

Barb Fisher - Hopscotch said...

Will I embrace the rainbow? Errrr...no. But Maria Mwhoever-she-is is looking good.

Renee Z, haven't we seen that same neckline every appearance since the day dot? ZzzzzzzZZZZZzzzZZZzzzzz....

Amanda said...

Eco-Chic-Mummy, it could be my distaste of anything Hilton clouding my judgement on this one...or perhaps it's because her dress reminds me of a rather tragic terry towelling playsuit I had when I was 12...or maybe, it's the clunky black accessories. Agree on the fun and summery, just doesn't quite ring my bell...xox

Fashionblogsite said...

Totally with you Amanda.
I saw a girl wearing that dress today! It's really cute in persons.