It's quick, tasty and you're almost guaranteed to have all the ingredients on hand at any given time. Give it a try - you may find it fits the bill as your own 'empty fridge' dinner.
what you need
4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves
2-3 dried red chillies (I substitute dried chilli flakes)
3 anchovy fillets, drained of oil
big handful parsley, chopped
grindings of black pepper
extra olive oil and black pepper
what to do
- Set a large pan of water to boil. When it's at a rolling boil, add a tablespoon of salt. Add the pasta and cook according to the time on the packet.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the garlic, chillies and anchovies together.
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan and gently saute the garlic, chilli and anchovy for a minute or two.
- Break up the tuna with a fork and add this to the pan. Cook for a minute more.
- Add the parsley, grind over plenty of black pepper and stir well. Cook briefly.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and return it to the pan and add the hot tuna 'sauce'. Toss well.
- Distribute among four warm plates, drizzle with a little extra olive oil and grind over some extra black pepper. That's it! Bellissimo!